Symptoms & Conditions
Heart Disease Symptoms and Conditions
Oftentimes, people don’t experience symptoms of heart disease until it is too late.
If you suspect you are at risk for developing heart disease, be proactive and see your doctor before the signs and symptoms appear. The heart disease specialists at Advanced Cardiology Associates of Rochester Hills and Oxford, Michigan, will evaluate your risk factors and recommend any necessary tests to help them diagnose the issue.
There are a number of symptoms that could be a sign of a serious or life-threatening cardiac condition. If you experience any of these symptoms, do NOT ignore them. Seek treatment immediately.
- Chest pain or chest discomfort
- Shortness of breath
- Fatigue upon exertion
- Heart palpitations
- Dizziness or fainting
- Swelling in the legs
- Leg pain while walking
The Advanced Cardiology Associates physicians and diagnostic team are experts at preventing, diagnosing, and treating heart and cardiovascular problems such as:
- Angina (chest pain or discomfort)
- Aortic aneurysm (swelling of a weakened wall in the aorta, the largest artery in your body)
- Cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- Cardiomyopathy (weakened heart muscles)
- Carotid artery disease (CAD)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Coronary artery disease (CAD) (clogging of the heart arteries)
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) (blood clot in the leg veins)
- Endocarditis (infection of the heart valves)
- Mitral valve prolapse (MVP) (disorder in which the mitral valve does not open and close properly)
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Pericarditis (inflammation of the heart sac)
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD) (poor circulation)
- Valvular heart disease (diseases of the heart valves)
- and more
If you're concerned about your risk of developing heart disease, it's important to begin taking small steps to lower your risk today. Should you need medical treatment for a heart problem, there are numerous advanced procedures our doctors can perform.
To see a heart doctor right away, call Advanced Cardiology Associates in Rochester Hills, Michigan at (248) 844-1010 or in Oxford at (248) 236-8320 for an urgent appointment. For a non-urgent appointment, you can use our interactive form to request an appointment online.